Thursday, January 24, 2008

Parent’s University: Faith

This is a series hosted by Kat. This weeks topic is faith. I wanted to share a true story on faith.

I will title it : Faith Like A Child.

Last summer I was at a department store with the two boys in the double stroller (baby Taylor in the back sitting backwards in his car seat, and Dylan in the front.) Kayla and Emily were walking next to me and the stroller.

The boys were getting a bit uneasy, and Dylan was going through a phase where he would scratch Taylor. SO right in the middle of the store, Taylor starts screaming. I look and he has scratches all on his forehead from his big brother who had reached behind and scratched him pretty bad. I had to get Taylor out of his seat, comfort him, and inspect the damage. The scratches were bleeding a little bit, Dylan had dug in deep.

After comforting, then disclipining, we were all able to move on. I remember being so mad that Dylan had scratched him so bad! Well, I started my search for whatever I was looking for so we could get out of there quick, when Kayla stopped me. She got right in front of me, and said "Stop mom..Taylors scratches are gone....I prayed and asked in Jesus' name Taylors head would be healed...and the scratches are gone."

To my disbelief, the scratches were gone. They were just there, three red scratches, I was just frusterated at these noticatble wounds, and now...they're gone? I had to ask her to explain to me again what had happened. She repeated "I put my hand on his head, and asked in Jesus name Taylors scratches wouldn't hurt him anymore, and I felt my hand get warm, like the magic was coming out of my hand onto Taylors head."

Dear readers, please understand, I have never witnessed any miraculous healings ever before in my life. And with my own eyes, on that very day, I witnessed a complete healing. I cannot explain what happened other than this. Kayla had the faith that God could heal Taylor of his scratches...so she asked...in Jesus' name...and the scratches went away.

It was a testimony and a lesson that I must have that childlike faith. In Mark 10:15 Jesus says to the disciples "I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's an amazing story!

Anonymous said...

I love that story. It is amazing to see our children grabbing hold of God's glory and grace.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful story!