Sunday, March 2, 2008

Random act of kindness.....

...Just thought I would share this...it truly blessed my heart.

This afternoon, I was taking a nap while the boys slept, and the girls watched a movie. Joel was out working. I woke up to the sound of dishes clunking and clanking. I thought Joel was home and decided to do the dishes. I came downstairs, and to my surprise, KAYLA was doing the dishes!!! She had put away all the dishes in the dishwasher and started to reload it.

Honestly, I was speechless. I mustered the question "What are you doing?" And she said "Mom, I just thought it would bless you if I washed the dishes."

Wow!
I hugged her big and deeply thanked her.

It was such a heartfelt moment. I was reminded of the scripture that says my children will rise up and call me blessed. Seriously, I am truly blessed to have two daughters who help me so much!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kudos on you both for having taught her the value of kindness.

Kayla, you are such a sweet girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Kayla!!! Ooh, I can't wait until mine are old enough to do the dishes, hehe :)

Anonymous said...

wow! and to think one day you look at them and think "are they ever going to stop drooling" and the next they are blessing your socks off by doing house work. You have absolutely amazing kids Tressa.

Way to rise up and Bless your mother Kayla. Such a woman of God you are. Love you!