Tuesday, August 5, 2008

July 28, 2005

It was in the late afternoon. I at 8 3/4 months preggo was mopping. I felt like I was having contractions. I thought- no way- so I ignored and went on. Eventually these contractions came on so hard, and consistently that I couldn't ignore them any longer.

Knowing we had a scheduled c-section, based off of my last two c-secs I knew my doctor wasn't going to like knowing I'm in labor. So after timing these contractions for about 30 minutes, I called the doctor. They immediately said come in.

So I called my neighbor, a new best friend-SAM(name changed for privacy). Earlier in our pregnancies, we found out we were neighbors, and due not to far from eachother. I cant remember, but her due date was a couple of weeks before mine. We started this "healthy pregnancy" kick- were we would exercise together at least 3 times a week. It was great having a friend going through the same stages of pregnancy.

This is us at eight months?




















SO I called SAM and asked her if she could take my kiddos while I drove up to the hospital. I would be meeting Joel there. As I dropped off my girls around the corner- she opened my door and insisted she'd take me. Her hubby was home by then- he kept all the kiddos.

Here we were- two big preggo ladies- walking into the Labor&Delivery ward. You should have seen the look on the nurses face. I think I recall her saying something like "The both of you are in labor?!?" SAM quickly pointed to me and I raised my hand.

Joel rushed to the hospital- and actually got pulled over! When do you ever get the chance to legally speed? The officer released Joel and followed him to the hospital. It was confirmed I was contracting, a big no-no for high risk pregnancies. So they took me in to have a C-Sec. Dylan was born around 8:00.

That same night, SAM was determined to not have to wait a couple more weeks. When my inlaws came to pick up the girls, my mother in law will tell you- she talked to SAM's belly and told him "Its okay- you can come out now too"

After they were gone, SAM decided to go for a walk, and do other things that might bring on labor. Well- It worked! She was admitted into the hospital late that night, and had Dylans best bud early that next morning.

Yes, these boys are only 12 hours apart.

As babies we had them dedicated at the same time.



























We had playdates together, and as toddlers it took a while for them to want to play together.























It always seemed like they had the same struggles, triumphs and stages alike. Even now, they both wont poop in the potty- but doing great at tee-teeing.














That is the story of how these two boys became best buds. It was only fitting to have a joint 3rd birthday party!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like how you changed her name for privacy, then let it slip later in the article, lol. might wanna change that up if you can seeing as how it ruins the whole point =) wish i was there for the party though... sadness.

Anonymous said...

How sweet! That is a great story.